Just a few days left to enter!
"Harry Potter!" shouted my 7-year old daughter, "or wait, maybe The Rats of Nimh or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's tough to chose your favorite book out of the thousands and thousands of amazing reads, stories, and tales that captivate our children's hearts. Reading aloud to our kids is a joyous occasion and one that promotes so many healthy habits. Blue Star Families would like to celebrate this very special bond that parents and children share!
Since 1986 April has been designated the Month of the Military Child. So throughout April, Blue Star Families will be holding an essay contest for military children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Just answer the question, “What is your favorite book to read ALOUD as a family and why?” We’ll have one new winner each week and you could win a Barnes & Noble Nook, a set of 20 new books, a webcam, free book from Be There Bedtime Stories, and a certificate of achievement.
The contest is open to military children kindergarten through fifth grade. Who qualifies as a military child? Any child who has a parent or sibling (including step-parents and siblings) serving on Active Duty, in the Reserves or in the National Guard.
How to Enter:
1. Have your child write a paragraph that is up to 100 words in length that answers the question: What is your favorite book to read ALOUD as a family and why?
2. Become a member of Blue Star Families at www.BlueStarFam.org/join
3. Email your child's essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name, state of legal residence, email and phone number, as well as your child's name and grade level
- Word, PDF and JPEG files accepted.
4. Have your child's entry to us no later than 11:59pm EST on April 28, 2012.
Email questions to email@example.com. Tip: If you add "CONTEST QUESTION" in the subject line, we can process your message faster.
Winners will be selected by our panel of judges from Blue Star Families. One winner will be selected each week for a total of four winners.
The winners will receive a Barnes & Nobel Nook, a set of 20 NEW books in assorted titles and Certificate of Achievement. The winners will also receive a Webcam and a certificate for a free story from Be There Bedtime Stories!