After a stellar group of military spouses started Blue Star Families, they embarked on a mission to support, connect, and empower military families. One of the myriad ways they have accomplished this is by hiring military spouses that work virtually from every corner of the nation, and Germany!
Today, Blue Star Families remains true to that objective. We welcome the opportunity to meet talented military spouses and encourage you to send your resume to HR@bluestarfam.org . Should you meet a BSF'er on the street, on a base, or at a Blue Star Families event, please introduce yourself. We all know what it is like to job search and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
Blue Star Families is seeking a Blue Star Arts Program Manager who will report to the Senior Director of Programs and manage the day to day aspects of the Blue Star Museums and Blue Star Theatres projects. This person will work closely with the Blue Star Families national staff and Chapter Directors, the NEA, the Theatre Communications Group, military officials and the media to promote, advertise, build visibility and publicize the program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute on Blue Star Arts (Blue Star Museums & Blue Star Theatres) program plans.
- Work closely with Senior Director and partner organizations on all aspects of the programs.
- Coordinate the Way Cool Creativity Contest.
- Work closely with the BSF Director of Communications: leverage all BSF’s web/digital assets to increase BSF membership and participation in the museums program; help to manage a weekly blog highlighting military family visits to museums around the country; help develop PR and marketing materials for the museums program; help develop media publicity for the Museums program.
- Manage Blue Star Mobile Club.
- Work with the BSF Director of Membership to increase participation in the museums program and to coordinate events at museums across the country. Use the programs to grow BSF membership around the country.
- Develop and track quantifiable benchmarks for the summer outreach plan: (e.g. number military family visitors, installations participating, media outlets reached, hits on website, number of submissions to contests, blogs, guestbook, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate Blue Star Arts events around the country to increase visibility for the program.
- Promote the program amongst the military services and expand participation by the military community to include outreach to military installations & MWRs.
Work experience requirements:
- Ability to work independently as part of the program team, and provide instructions to vendors, military families, museum staff, the National Endowment of the Arts and the Theatre Communications Group regarding the program.
- Familiar with and respectful of the military culture, lifestyle, organizational structure and terminology.
- Excellent social media capabilities, experience with newsletters and event planning.
- Skilled in internet researching and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in public relations, including drafting press releases and contacting media outlets.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication stills, especially written.
Travel Requirements and Position Details:
- Some travel required
- Mandatory planning meetings with the National Endowment of the Arts and the Theatre Communications Group.
- High visibility with celebrities, government officials, BSF Management, Military commands & DOD
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should explain how your experience applies to this position and to BSF's mission.
Volunteering with Blue Star Families is another way to build your resume, meet other military families, and connect with military spouses. Email HR@bluestarfam.org or view our many volunteering gigs here!